Sunday, July 19, 2009

Tennis and Falling

So today, i went to play tennis with my three sisters, Delaney, Ashley, Megan and Megan's boyfriend Chris. We went over to the high school to play because it usually isn't crowded at all. Once we got there, we split into teams. Delaney and Ashley just played b themselves because they're too good to play with a bunch of newbees! So I was on Megan's team and Chris was on his own! Chris never really got to play before because he played baseball, so he would just hit the ball as hard as he could so his sisters wouldn't let him play! It was a lot of fun to play, but we soon got tired and needed to take a break. Chris hit like 4 balls OVER the fence. So this is where the fun part comes in. I was jumping over the net like a hurdle. I got over the first two times, but the last time, I jumped too early and fell on my right wrist. I didn't break or fracture anything so no worries there, but I did hurt my arm, but it feels better now.
Have you ever tried to do something, but fail? If you have,contact me and tell me about it. I want to know if it was as bad as my fall!

Always Bailey

3 comments:

  1. So Boo, I got on a skateboard about 6 months ago. I used to ride a skateboard all the time when I was your age. Well, I fell (as Gram would say) "ass over tea kettle" -- I can say that on your blog, since Gram says it. I scraped up my elbow (still have a huge scar) and was black and blue. Needless to say, can't ride a skateboard anymore... too old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's ok, it was a good fall. A good "roll" one might say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was 5 years old I was not very graceful, a bit stout, and extremely uncoordinated. I was the one and only kid in my class that fell face first on the lowest balance beam you have ever seen. After the teacher stopped laughing she helped my chunkiness up and told Gram to put me in ballet, gymnastics something to help my sorry self. SO - I became the next Mary Lou Retton at the age of 6...unfortunately I was already too big to become a professional gymnast so I just pushed my fat little self over the vault the best I could. I quit 3 months later after they told my I had to do a somersault ON the balance beam....needless to say the beam would have cried had I done that.

    ReplyDelete